Ultraviolet Aerodynamic Particle Sizer (UV-APS) 3314
Request A Quote
The Ultraviolet Aerodynamic Particle Sizer® (UV-APS™) spectrometer Model 3314 measures the aerodynamic diameter, scattered-light intensity, and fluorescence intensity of individual airborne particles in real time. These three measurements provide researchers the most comprehensive profile of aerosol characteristics available from a single instrument.
This unique instrument provides extremely rapid measurements of aerodynamic diameter and scattered-light intensity of particles between 0.5 and 15 µm. It uses the same double-crest optical system found in TSI's Model 3321 Aerodynamic Particle Sizer® spectrometer. This proven, reliable measurement technique enables precise aerodynamic diameter and scattered-light intensity measurements.
The Ultraviolet Aerodynamic Particle Sizer spectrometer also measures the fluorescence properties of individual particles, providing an additional discriminating feature with which to study and investigate aerosols. Particle fluorescence is excited by a pulsed-ultraviolet laser and is collected real-time using a photomultiplier tube.
Features and Benefits
- Characterizes individual airborne particles between 0.5 to 15 µm
- Provides instantaneous measurements of aerodynamic diameter and scattered-light intensity
- Measures fluorescence intensity concurrently with above measurements
- Filter and air-cleaner testing
- Inhalation toxicology studies
- Indoor air-quality monitoring
- Biological aerosol investigations
- Aerosol Instrument Manager® software